In September 2016, we are setting up a cooperative as part of our Employment Programme.
We will work with people who are unemployed, homebound due to ill-health or caring responsibilities and people who have been on our training programmes to provide a creative outlet with commercial benefits for these individuals.
The cooperative will provide enterprise support and training in the production of garments and handmade craft items to be sold at events, distributed through outlets and other channels.
- Production of branded garments and home textiles
- Provision of clothes and textiles contract production services to include Cut, Make and Trim (CMT)
- Undertaking research and development projects i.e. prototyping and concept development
- Retail partnerships selling new and up-cycled clothing and craft products
We require the following skilled people:
- Sewing machinists
- Fashion Designers
- Designer/makers of handmade textile crafts
- Pattern Cutters and Graders
- Technical Assistants and Sample machinists
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
You can attend any of our short courses at a cost, to upgrade your skills in any of the above roles. Please see information and fees for the next round of programmes Professional Fashion courses and Short courses programme.
Work experience and apprenticeships opportunities
These will be available through the cooperative and we particularly welcome applications from people with interest in the following roles:
- Fashion and Textiles Apprentices
- Digital Fashion Assistant
- Garment manufacturing training
- Programme and business administration assistant
We require volunteers with experience or interest in developing skills in the following areas to support us:
- Events coordinator and Marketing
- General helper
We will accept unwanted fabrics and notions so please get in touch. If you are interested in volunteering, contact us by email: [email protected]