Worker’s Craft Cooperative
We are starting a cooperative for those who have been on our previous programmes and people interested in selling their handmade craft products.
If you would like to learn to make handmade products and sell, then this programme is for you so get in touch if interested to apply and to find out costs via our contact details below.
If you would like to support us by volunteering as a maker, donating your time to coordinate our activities or giving us your unwanted fabrics and notions please get in touch.
To keep participation costs down we require support from members of the public with specific skills. Please read on to find out what the cooperative is about and how you can get involved.
We will work with people who are unemployed, homebound due to ill-health or caring responsibilities and people who have been on our training programmes to provide a creative outlet with commercial benefits for these individuals.
The cooperative will provide enterprise support and training in the production of garments and handmade craft items to be sold at events, distributed through outlets and other channels.
- Production of branded garments and home textiles
- Provision of clothes and textiles contract production services to include Cut, Make and Trim (CMT)
- Undertaking research and development projects i.e. prototyping and concept development
- Retail partnerships selling new and up-cycled clothing and craft products
We require the following skilled people:
- Sewing machinist
- Fashion Designers
- Designer/makers of handmade textile crafts
- Pattern Cutters and Graders
- Technical Assistants and Sample machinists
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
You can attend any of our short courses at a cost, to upgrade your skills in any of the above roles. Please see information and fees for the next round of programmes Professional Fashion courses and Short courses programme.
We require volunteers with experience or interest in developing skills in the following areas to support us:
- Events coordinator and Marketing
- General helper
We will accept unwanted fabrics and notions so please get in touch. If you are interested in volunteering, contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org